Terms & Conditions of Services.
- Definitions ‘Services’:
1.1. Accredited Courses mean the provision of regulated courses that are approved by an awarding body and regulated by for example OFQUAL or Qualifications Wales.
1.2. ‘Open courses’ mean the provision of courses, which are available to any customer delivered at our Pembroke training centre. ‘On site courses’ means the provision of training at the customer’s venue for their employees only.
1.3. ‘Consultancy’ means the provision of specialist food safety, nutrition or health and safety consultancy/advice.
- These terms and conditions are between Sara Safety Solutions Ltd ( Sara Safety ) and the customer. All dealings between Sara Safety and the customer shall be governed by these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any others.
- These terms and conditions and any contract formed pursuant to them may be varied provided any variation is confirmed in writing by a Director of Sara Safety. A binding contract will be formed when Sara Safety accept a customer’s order for the provision of the Services (the ‘Contract‘).
- The customer shall pay the charges as quoted or shown in the fee detailed at booking (‘the Charges’). The Charges and any additional sums payable shall be paid by the customer as follows:
4.1 For all Open Courses payment shall be made within 28 days from the date of the Open Course taking place. Certificates will not be released without payment having been received.
4.2 For all On Site Courses payment shall be made within 28 days of the date of the On Site Course having taken place. Certificates will not be released without payment having been received.
4.3 For all Consultancy payment shall be made within 14 days of completion of the consultancy.
Sara Safety however may at their discretion request payment of the Charges at any time prior to the provision of the Services. Time for payment shall be of the essence.
- Certificates to prove completion of the course will be withheld by Sara Safety until payment is received. No refund shall be given should a participant fail any course provided by Sara Safety and no guarantee is given as to any participant successfully passing a course. There will be a charge for a requested re-sit and this will be 50% of the original course fee. There will also be a charge if replacement certificates are needed in the future. The cost for a replacement certificate will be no more than the fee required of the awarding body and a nominal postage and administration fee for Sara Safety.
- The customer may cancel any of the Services at any time by giving Sara Safety 28 days written notice/email notice. Within this timeframe Sara Safety are content to move customers onto future courses i.e. postponement if a valid need arises. If the Customer cancels as opposed to postpones the Services within 15-27 days of the course date the customer shall be liable to pay 25% of the Charges. If the customer cancels as opposed to postpones the Services within 7- 14 days of the course date the customer shall be liable to pay 50% of the Charges. If the customer cancels as opposed to postpones within 1-6 days then the customer shall be liable to pay 100% of the Charges. Postponement must be for no longer than the next scheduled course or 6 weeks if ‘On Site’ or the full charge will be liable. Numbers of learners will be taken as final 48 hours before the course. Any decrease in numbers on the day will not be adjusted for the purpose of exam fee charges.
- Unless specified, Value Added Tax will not be included in any price and will be charged at the rate in force at the time of quotation for which the customer shall be additionally liable.
- If payment is not made in accordance with Clause 4 above Sara Safety shall be entitled without limiting any other rights Sara Safety may have to:
8.1 Charge interest on the outstanding amount (both before and after judgement) on a daily basis at the rate of 3% above the base rate of Barclays Bank from the due date until the outstanding amount is paid in full; and
8.2 Terminate the Contract immediately.
- Sara Safety shall not be liable to the customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, interruption in performing or any failure to perform any of Sara Safety’s obligations under the Contract if the delay or failure is due to any cause beyond Sara Safety’s reasonable control.
- Sara Safety shall not be liable for any loss including but not limited to loss of profit and aggravated damages for loss of enjoyment or other claims suffered by the Customer (except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Sara Safety’s negligence) arising out of performance of the Contract by Sara Safety (or its servants or agents).
- Sara Safety’s entire liability in connection with all or any claims in contract, tort, statute or otherwise arising under the Contract shall not exceed the amount of the Charges for the provision of the Services.
- Sara Safety reserves the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues. Every effort will be made to give the Customer as much notice as possible and offer a reasonable alternative if these are not satisfactory. In the event that payment has already been received Sara Safety shall refund in full the price of the course. No further compensation will be given.
- The Customer shall indemnify Sara Safety for any losses incurred as a result of providing inaccurate information to Sara Safety, mistakes contained within the Customer’s order, changes to the Contract requested by the Customer, the cancellation of the Contract (otherwise than in accordance with paragraph 6) by the Customer or breach of the Contract by the Customer (subject to Sara Safety using all reasonable endeavours to minimise such loss).
- The Customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount due to Sara Safety unless otherwise agreed in writing by Sara Safety.
- If the Customer becomes bankrupt or enters liquidation, administration or administrative receivership or has a receiver of any of its assets appointed (or ceases or threatens to cease carrying on business) Sara Safety shall be entitled to terminate any outstanding Contract(s) and/or suspend further services without liability to the Customer and any sums outstanding shall become immediately due.
- Any written notice given under these terms and conditions shall be served either by registered post to the relevant party’s registered /principal office or last known address.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English/Welsh law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English/Welsh courts. In the event that one or more clauses of these terms and conditions become invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
Terms & Conditions of course attendance
- It is the student’s responsibility or their employer to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. Sara Safety is happy to advise on course choice but accept no liability in the event of the course content not meeting the student’s or employer’s requirements.
- It is the responsibility of the student to read the booking letter and joining instructions prior to attendance. It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that this literature is passed on to the student if the original booking is made through the employer.
- Students are required at all times to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, suitable conduct and behaviour including equality and diversity set out by Sara Safety either at the beginning of each course or referenced within the Company’s policy and procedure manual. This includes the need to report any incidences that the student may have been involved in or witnessed whilst attending the course.
- Sara Safety is within its right to refuse course entry and/or to ask a student to leave if the above clause 1.3 is breached. Please note that students who persist in accessing their mobile phone or items with similar capability e.g. a ‘smart watch’ during teaching time will be asked to leave the course and payment will not be reimbursed.